The Art Center Gallery has hosted many special exhibitions during the past several years including the following –
In 2015 –
- “Illuminate the Night” Exhibit – featuring the lighted sculptures of Michigan artist Daniel Lancaster
- “Abstract Mind” Exhibit – display of local artist Cathee Roehrig’s mixed media work
- Dave Fry Exhibit – display of Dave Fry’s work in the Gallery windows
- Ed & Carol Zack Exhibit – Featured Artists at 2015 St. Clair Art Fair
- 2015 Middle School and High School Student Exhibition
In 2014 –
- The Potters 4 Exhibit – group pottery exhibit with Dave Fry, “Charlie” Imboden, Sondra Maryon and Carolyn Szymanski. Dave and Sondra both started their clay classes with SCAA instructors “Charlie” (Cheryl) and Carolyn.
- Nik Teipel Exhibit – 2012 “Seasons in St. Clair” competition winner with her painting Michigan Spring.
- My Art Project – Solo Exhibit by Jason Stier
- Andrew Krieger Exhibit – Featured Artist at 2014 St. Clair Art Fair
- “Artists as Teachers” Exhibit – Featuring artwork by local teachers
- 2014 Middle School and High School Student Exhibition
The Ben Johnson Best of Show Award winner for Middle Schools was Anna Herbert with her oil pastel work. Anna attended Marine City Middle School in Ms. Sezniak’s class. The Thomas C. Fangman Best of Show award winner for High Schools was Emily
Gibbons for her charcoal work. Emily attended Cardinal Mooney High School in Ms. Lazar’s class.
In 2013 –
- Shades of Clay – Featuring potters Juliet Faber and Ronni Mainguy, along with lamps created by Richard Gottschalk
- Double Down the River – In collaboration with Studio 1219 & Blue Water Shutterbugs Camera Club. Area artists chose from a variety of original photographs taken by members of the Camera Club. Their selected photographs provided inspiration to create new and unique works in a variety of mediums.
- A Pastel Path – Solo Exhibit by Bill Littlejohn
- Loretta Markell Exhibit – Featured Artist at 2013 St. Clair Art Fair
- Group of Eight – Students of August Gloss. The Group of Eight separately attended classes at the Starkweather Alley Gallery run by August Gloss. The Group of Eight is Jim Blazo, Barbara Clay, Don Clay, Arthur Dowel, Evelyn Dowel, Joyce Harlukowicz, Bill Littlejohn, and Paul Wild.
- 2013 Middle School and High School Student Exhibition
High Schools was Nick Alexander from St. Clair High School for his work titled Two Fish.
In 2012 –
- 2012 Seasons in St. Clair – 1st Place was Nik Teipel for her work titled Michigan Spring. Nik is on the right in photo below along with 2010 Seasons winner Collette Marshall and Andrea Brieden of the SCAA Public Art Committee
- “A Second Look” Exhibition – was a cooperative effort between the St. Clair Art Association and the Blue Water Shutterbugs Camera Club. The Shutterbug club provided photographs to inspire local artists.
- Bette Prudden Exhibition – Featured Artist at 2012 St. Clair Art Fair. Bette was a participant in the First St. Clair Art Fair in 1972 and most thereafter
- Colette Marshall Exhibition – titled Cakes & Cottages. Colette is the 2010 “Seasons in St. Clair” winner
- 2012 High School Student Exhibition – The winner of this year’s Thomas Fangman “Best in Show” award was Haley Rock from St. Clair High School with her sculpture of a Reclining Figure.
- 2012 Middle School Student Exhibition – The Ben Johnson Best in Show award was presented to Micaela Gill of Marine City Middle School for her Self Portrait
In 2011 –
- 2011 Seasons in St. Clair / Winter – 1st Place was Vicky Path for her work titled Winter’s Beauty. Vicky is on the right in the photo below along with Sandy Attebury and Andrea Brieden of the SCAA Public Art Committee
- Gary Hoover Wood Turning
- Chris Winn Glass – Featured Artist at 2011 St. Clair Art Fair
- 2011 High School Student Exhibition – Hunter Erdman from St Clair High School was the winner of this year’s Thomas Fangman “Best in Show” award with Ford Photo-Real.