The votes have been tallied and the top three Summer and Winter-themed Street Banners were announced at a reception on May 11 at the Art Center.
For the Summer-themed banners –
- First Place – Fish Print by Jason Stier
- Second Place – Historic St. Clair by Cathee Roehrig
- Third Place – Watch Me Grow by Katie Westerhof
For the Winter-themed banners –
- First Place – Snow Gull by Jason Stier
- Second Place – St. Clair’s Snowmen by Nancy Diebold
- Third Place – Winter Welcome by Lori Hannon.
These banners, along with all the other entries, will hang this week in Riverview Plaza then moved to hang from lampposts around the City of St. Clair. Check out the banners at this link.
Congratulation to all our banner painters!!!
Bookmarks with the 2011 banner images are available at the Art Center. Other banner-related items, including long-sleeved T-shirts and bookmarks with the 2009 and 2010 banner images are also available. Proceeds from the sale of these items help fund ongoing and future public art projects.
This public art project is made possible by the St. Clair Art Association with the gracious assistance of –
- St. Clair Foundation
- Downtown Development Authority
- City of St. Clair
- Riverview Plaza Association
- And numerous others.